Restaurant supplies are an essential fundamental for the delivery of quality service. It's important to give a customer exquisite food and drinks on having the right equipment to provide. All of the kitchens have always been the center of a business and a place where all the menu comes to life. Good food brings people together and catering is important for the health of most events. Most kitchens equipment is operated electronically which saves time and money, consistently delivering high-quality food.
Catering equipment in restaurants makes the job easier by being much easier to chop, cut, bake and cook. If you are serving food and drinks the quality of it will have a major impact on the success of food preparation, storage and serving to the customer.
Most Common Catering Equipment Used in Restaurants
Freezers and Refrigerators
There are many varieties of coolers and freezers. Refrigerators and freezers for food storage are made in range sizes, so they can fit in any kitchen. Most products don't stay good for very long time. Storing the food at optimal temperature will help in keeping the food fresh for a long period, refrigerating prevents fresh products from perishing quickly, preserves freshness, provides cold food storage space.
There are four types of food processors: batch bowl, continuous feed, buffalo chopper, and combination.
- Bach bow processors collect food as it's processed, can come in larger sizes. Are made of plastic, but stainless-steel options for more strength and durability are available.
- Continuous feed processors allow constantly food to the processing unit, can minimize preparation time when processing large quantities of food (chop, dice, slice, grade)
- Buffalo chopper are heavy duty, all metal food processors capable of chopping everything from small vegetables to tough meat. Is one of the most reliable and powerful pieces of equipment in the food service business.
- Combination processors are equipped with cutter attachment for chopping, fine mincing, grinding and a vegetable preparation for slicing, grading, ripple, cut, dicing and making French fries. Perfect for restaurants, stores, and cafeterias.
Griddles are an ideal piece of appliances for preparing many different foods such as pancakes, eggs, sandwiches, burgers and etc., plus, there are different types of countertop griddles which make cooking an easier task, especially if you are an owner of a small restaurant.
Another item which has a significant impact in the kitchen, unless you cook raw food, otherwise it is needed for cooking, baking or roasting. there are several types of the oven like rack, deck, and tunnel.
- Rack - it consists of stacked racks. Usually, it's best for baking pastries or bread because allows to bake evenly and in big quantities.
- Deck - also consists of racks. It can be used to cook meat, pizza, but because of even and consistent heat, it is perfect for baking bread.
- Tunnel - consists of the baking chamber. it is ideal for high-temperature baking. often used to make pizzas, bread, pies and etc.
They are common in hotels, restaurants, butcher shops, supermarkets, pizzerias, and grocery stores. It can mince all kinds of meat fish, vegetables or similar food, including the most difficult one.
It helps to be more creative in blending different meats and finding new tastes, especially in making sausage mix, fresh ground burger or even lasagna.
Ice makers and ice machines
They create ice and then dispense into an ice bin or soda fountain. It can also create blended drinks like smoothies, margaritas alcoholic slushies, ice cream, and frozen yogurt. Common in restaurants, small restaurants, hotels, bar concession stand or even hotels. Ice makers are necessary for most any foodservice or hospitality establishment.
Utensil washers clean pots and pans, baking tins, trays, and racks. Specially designed for restaurants, ice-cream shops, patisseries and butchers, providing exceptional results in terms of hygiene, and suitable for all sectors of the market, are a real asset for any kitchen.
They come in different styles and sizes and could even have unique details. It is a must-have item in every kitchen. It is a true workhorse, useful for nearly any production and task: dice onions, chop carrots, smash garlic, and cut up meat perfectly.
There is a wide range of cooking, cutting, baking and cleaning equipment. High – quality delicious fresh food in the kitchen is very important. The right food preparation equipment saves time and money, consistently delivering high quality, fresh, healthy and tasty food, which pleases everyone.
Of course, chefs prepared food is very important and good equipment can make the difference between a good meal and an excellent one. Catering equipment is a big business for all food industry.