Gluten is a culprit that we want away from our foods as fast as possible. The reason is simple, gluten intolerance and sensitivities are on the right now, and we have to stop it quickly. But this brings the question, what should we know about gluten in the first place?
1. Not every grain has gluten. Rice, corn and some types of oats don’t have gluten. A lot of people judge every kind of grain the same, but as you can see some have gluten, others do not. You have some options when it comes to eating grains and also avoiding gluten.
2. The Celiac disease, which is caused by gluten only affects around 0.7% of the Earth’s population. It’s the most severe form of gluten intolerance however, most people just end up with allergies.
3. Gluten can be found in desserts, crackers, soup mixes, salad dressings, sauces, rolls, wraps, pizza and so on. It’s a part of many regular foods that you are most like eating every day.
4. Not a lot of people know this, but Gluten is the Latin name for Glue. It offers a great perspective in regards to what gluten is and how it can be super dangerous for your stomach.
5. Gluten is linked to a variety of neurological and psychiatric diseases. These include anxiety, depression, autism, migraines, dementia, emotional issues and mood disorders too.
6. Your lipstick, shampoo and other similar products might have gluten already as an ingredient. This is why you have to check the label, because many times you never really know what you are buying. So, you should consider reading every label as much as possible.
7. A study from the Journal of the American Medical Association states that diagnosed/undiagnosed latent celiac disease can increase the risk of death, mostly due to cancer or heart disease problems.
8. Gluten can cause arthritis and joint pain, IBS and it’s also found in cosmetics or skin products, and it can be problematic due to that as well. It’s important to eliminate gluten from your life quickly to avoid any issues.
9. Around 92% of people that follow a gluten-free diet still have issues due to cross-contamination and grain consumption.
10. There are over 200 different medical conditions that Gluten can make worse. On top of that, some might be started by gluten problems.
One thing is certain, you should consider eliminating gluten from your life as fast as possible. It’s certainly not an easy thing to do, so the best thing that you can do is to focus on living a healthier life. The little changes matter quite a lot, so as long as you start eating healthily, you will make a step in the right direction. Don’t expect your body to fully remove gluten. It’s a long and tedious process, but you need to have patience and focus changing your lifestyle. Stepping away from processed foods and anything that has gluten (including beauty products) is a very good starting point!